Deap Vally

The other night I was watching my DVR'd Jools Holland, when low and behold, came something that hit me like a ton of bricks, and they are called Deap Vally.  Their website, here, is where you can find their EP, as well as merchandise.  I have not been so blown away by a band in a while, let's just say that.  The group consists of Lindsey Troy (guitar, vocals) and Julie Edwards (drums).

In the heart of Silver Lake, California, Edwards met Troy at a crochet class.  What?!?! RAD!

There are a couple things you have to understand about me, and my musical tastes, first of all, to understand why I think these ladies are a) magical and b) left me obsessed and impressed.  First of all, I don't listen to new bands.  I am not a musical snob by any means, but John is like a walking, talking Pitchfork, so he basically downloads everything new and good, and if he thinks I will like it, he tries to get me to listen to it.  This is how I know new albums from some of my favorite peeps are coming out, etc.  He tells me.

Secondly, I am in love with female rockers.  Whether it be Janis, Pat or Alison Mosshart...the list goes on, and I worship them all.  I cried when Heart got inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, and not because I love Heart.  I think they are rad, merely based on the fact that they are two women kicking ass.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, I like to get my ass rocked off.  These girls accomplish this task with vigor while perhaps being two of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.  You look like we could be best friends, you crochet and you shred?  Sold.
 


 
You can thank me later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.