Comfort Zone: Alli's Top TEN Jams for Feeling Like Kicking Some Ass

Lately I have been having a real bout with my anxiety.  I have been having a vast improvement this week, and I must say it has a lot to do with a sweet work schedule, the idea that I will be moving very soon, and of course, the fact that I have watched the Catching Fire trailer like six-hundred times already. 

One thing that always makes me feel better is music.  And, as so aptly mentioned by Mr. Pablo H., I need to "write about music more often!"  Music is one, if not THE strongest passions I have.  I have an uncanny ability to name songs, obscure musicians, bands and random affiliations at the drop of a dime.  No, I don't care about Bon Iver.  John is the resident indie rock expert here, and if you have heard of such things as Xiu Xiu and whatever band the guy from Spoon and that other guy from Wolf Parade are in, please see him.  He can tell you all about it.   

I am a Pop Princess, thank you very much.  I was crowned somewhere around 1980, and my title has never been in question.  However, my knowledge seems to hit a block around the early 2000s, particularly when my drug use peaked.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

Today I decided a guilty pleasure was in order, because I don't know about you, but I'm sick of these ADORABLE outfit posts on this blog.  You?  I decided to share with you my 
 TOP TEN FAVORITE JAMS FOR FEELING LIKE KICKING SOME ASS
The Scissor Sisters: Let's Have a KiKi
Yeah, we all know I love the Scissor Sisters.  Yeah, I love every song on every album.  Yeah, this video rules on about 1,000 levels.  Yeah, I know all the steps to dance.  So what?

Nine Inch Nails: Gave Up
I am a child of the nineties, I mean, I was born in ,'80 but I did not come of age until I saw this man play live.  Pay careful attention to this video, you may recognize a few faces in it.  By the way, Trent Reznor is still my God after all these years, soundtracks or not.  AND...HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEW ALBUM???

INXS: Suicide Blonde
I don't want to talk about how he died or what could have been.  It's too sad.  I just need to know why there are not more saxophone solos in music anymore. 

The Misfits: Hybrid Moments
One time in Hollywood, Gina and I saw Glen Danzig inside a grocery store.  I thought, "Man, that guy looks like Glen Danzig."  Then, when he paid, I saw the pentagram tattoo on his hand.  LIFE COMPLETE.

Ice Cube: Check Yo Self
"Phone check homie."

The Kills: U.R.A. Fever
Allison Mosshart rules my world.  No matter if it's Dead Weather or this band, she makes me want to grow my hair out, not wash it, live on coffee, cigarettes and eyeliner and just not give a general fuck.

Culture Club: It's a Miracle
Boy George is still a guru of mine.  I don't care how many times he gets arrested or how much coke he does, I adore him.  In fact, I am hoping that when I hone my sewing skills I can make a Boy George doll.  Yes, I'm serious.

The Smiths: Still Ill
There's a reason I have the words "Still Ill" tattooed on my back.  Not only is it one of my favorite Smiths' songs, but yeah...it makes me look badass.

 Ludacris: Southern Hospitality
Get on the floor, and throw 'dem bows.  This is the song I hear when I get rude emails.  Then I channel Luda and write y'all back!

Morrissey: Tomorrow
Yes, of course we will end with Daddy.  He, and only he can fix my bad days, understands me when I'm down, and either forces me back up...or further under the covers with a good book.

I hope y'all enjoyed this little peak into my world of getting pumped up.  If you have some favorites share away!  Unless it's Matchbox Twenty or anything like Train or Maroon 5.  Then please seek help.  OH!  I forgot one.

Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody
I guess this really makes eleven, but I have to give it to my girl.  I miss her crazy ass.  This one's for you, Des!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.