THE CONSTANTS: THE CONSTANT IDOLS

Yup, it's Wednesday again and it's time for another installment of my series, The Constants.  This is basically where I fangirl out over blogs I love, in hopes that my small efforts here in my small blog world lead my readers to be as educated or charmed by them as I am.

This week I decided to focus on my favorite bloggers that I constantly fawn over, because I feel these ladies are sending the right messages, helping us love ourselves and accept our bodies.  I wish I lived down the street from all of them, because I'd definitely be raiding their closets, forcing them to go thrifting we me, and of course...eat something yummy.

I wandered this weird world of blogs for awhile, and until I found of few of these ladies, I had no idea where I fit in.  Not only am I proud to be a "plus-size" blogger, but the sense of community I feel amongst those in the body acceptance "blog world" is like a family.

I want to thank these ladies for pointing my way and guiding me to where I belong.  There's a lot of self-doubt involved when I blog, and every time I am unsure, I check in on them and I know I am doing the right thing.
 

Jes is my God.  Her style, her brash honesty and progressive action for us plus-size girls is awe-inspiring.  I think she is one of the most beautiful people I have seen, and her kindness knows no bounds.  I am constantly dropping my jaw over her posts, whether it's her razor sharp wit, her drop-dead beauty or her dead-set determination to change this world.



If Jes is my idol, Amanda is my style guru.  Whenever I doubt whether or not I can pull something off (maxi skirt) or if I am questioning my obsession with glasses (instead of shoes or bags) she makes me feel like a best friend/confidant.  Every time I get dressed I wish I could pull one of those Clueless moments where you pull your outfit up on the computer screen, to see if it looks alright...instead I would just email it to her for her approval.



 Even though I'm thirty-two years old, if someone was to ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I would say, "have you heard of Margie Ashcroft???"  I have been following her writing FOREVER, and viewing her style is a constant moment of me smacking my head and saying, "why didn't I think of that?"  The reason:  I'm not her.  Her life seems so beautiful and fun, jet-setting as a bi-coastal, freelance, plus-size maven.  She is my She-Ra.  I dread/pray for the day I may run into her and pull a Wayne's World  style "I'M NOT WORTHY!!!"

Again, thanks for indulging my gushing, and please check out three of the most beautiful, talented and inspiring ladies one could ever have the pleasure to read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.