What is this, you ask? Merely an award given to bloggers, by bloggers who admire others' work, and want to encourage readership to smaller blogs, who deserve more followers. I am so grateful and honored to be involved. Basically, I answer eleven questions given to me by Lisa, and then I come up with eleven random facts about myself, and then I nominate others to receive the award. It's mainly directed at newer blogs, or blogs who deserve new followers, but I decided to throw in my favorites, as well as some young bloods like myself.
Here are my first questions and answers. I will try not to offend. Yeah, not really.
1. What's your favorite place to eat?
You might die to know this, but I love the Olive Garden. However, my favorite restaurant is a little Venezulan place called Mil Jugos in Santa Ana, California.
2. If you could pick, what would be your dream job?
I want to do visuals for an awesome company like...Anthro, but I'd also like to open my own bakery someday as well.
3. Who or what inspired you to get into blogging?
I first started reading and following blogs after shopping on Etsy.
4. How would you describe your perfect day?
My perfect day would include: NOT WORKING, being alone in my house, taking my pups on a casual, sunny walk, hitting some thrift stores, eating arepas with my man, perhaps getting a manicure and eating a LOT of Hawaiian food. Oh yes, and a BIG chocolate peanut butter milkshake from Baskin Robbins.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Probably my best friend Rebel, who writes over at The Rebel and the Railroader.
Oh yeah, and Morrissey, Salinger, RuPaul, Johnny Weir and Oscar Wilde. Sensing a theme here?
6. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
A house in Hawaii, donations to animal and AIDS charities, and making sure I can see Morrissey all over the world.
7. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
I drunkenly announced I was going to take myself and my chi-poo Chivo down a children's slide, which just happened to be slick as hell, causing me to eat shit and give myself a gorgeous scar. Also, I was a heroin addict for years. Crazy? No, that's just stupid I guess.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
9. What was your favorite thing as a kid?
I love stuffed animals! I have an insane collection, and I intend to have a stuffed animal of most creatures on this wonderful planet by the time I die. I still live or die over She-Ra, The Dark Crystal and SLOTHS. I became obsessed as a child and I still am as an adult. I also read any and every book I could get my hands on.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Ignorance and bad tippers.
11. How has blogging changed your life?
I have met the best friend a girl could ask for, I have made new pals that I love and adore, and I get the chance to express my viewpoint from my twisted side of the world. I get to give presents to sweet people I may have never known, or been able to touch in a positive way.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I love certain guilty pleasures such as: Billy Joel, Michael McDonald, Huey Lewis and the News, not to mention the Pointer Sisters and Egyptian Lover. End of story.
2. I have an unhealthy obsession with sloths, foxes and basically every animal known to man.
3. My first tattoo was my Morrissey chestpiece and it took three hours and spans my whole breast plate. Hahahah I said breast plate.
4. I met my fiance online.
5. I cannot deal with people cracking their knuckles or feet.
6. I wear men's underwear to bed.
7. I graduated from a Christian college, attended Catholic school, all while knowing I was a vehement atheist.
8. I'm half Polish, a quarter Hawaiian and a quarter Irish. Go figure.
9. I HATE scary movies. I can't deal. Candyman ruined my life.
10. Tia and Tamera Mowry were in my college graduating class, so was Eric Christian Olsen.
11. I cannot continue eating while someone has blown their nose either near me, at the same table or within earshot. If I am at a restaurant, my food is TO GO.