I Love Biting Off More Than I Can Chew

Lately, I have been determined to teach myself to crochet.  I have all the supplies, including a handmade special crochet bag, crochet books, crochet hooks, piles of yarn, crochet websites, and just recently I purchased a crochet pattern.

Yet, I can't crochet.  I haven't even begun.  I am determined to make this happen.  It's hard to want to learn to crochet at five thirty am, or when I come home from work and all I can think about is beer and television.  By the way, whatever happened to those knitting/crochet shows on DIY Network? 

So, I have set a (I HATE THIS WORD) goal that I will complete one of the Craftyminx Crochet School lessons per day, starting today!  I am going to try to track my progress here on the blog, so you guys can keep me in check.

I am going to temporarily close my Etsy store, until I am ready to really start aggressively thrifting, and hopefully I can start to sell some crocheted items as well.  Looming things is just too damn hard.  It takes me FOREVER to make anything, and I know there is an easier way.



Another "project" I am working on is basically TOP SECRET, and will take some time to evolve.  I am not much of a graphic designer, hell, the A Beautiful Mess app is far as I get in "graphic design."  I am trying to decide how to go about doing it, and if I do it right...I know I can make it life changing.

Also, I want to start to begin working on my novel about my life, predominately my college experience and shortly thereafter.  I want to be sure to highlight my years at Pepperdine, as well as working at the flower shop.  I'm just not sure where to begin.  "Well, one day, I was shaving my boss' back..."  I mean, you'd read that, right?  I think I will tell a few more "stories" from my days there, and see how they are received.
John and I are also in the process of saving money, so I will no longer (extremely sad face) be posting my Friday's Fawns  for awhile, at least until I get my bonus.  Tee-hee.  However, it is KEY that we get the hell out of here.  We have been looking to re-locate to Long Beach or Downtown Whittier, so I have been "dream-looking" at places on Craigslist.

Do you think this one is still up for sale?  Do you think I have enough stuff going on?  Please, help me crochet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.