Documentaries Documented

I was just telling Jess, who recently renewed her Netflix subscription, some of my favorite documentaries.  I figured I wold share with y'all too, since we all get sick of the X-Files now and then.  I mean, just the seasons without David Duchovny.

KING OF KONG: A FISTFULL OF QUARTERS 

If you haven't seen this, stop everything you are doing and turn on Netflix now.  I don't care if you don't like video games, that has barely any concern where the dopeness of this movie comes in.  Do you see this man's hair?!?  He owns a hot sauce company, okay?  This is the story of two men, competing for the highest Donkey Kong score ever.  There's controversy, sabotage, and a whole lot of..."wait, did he just say that?"

DEAR ZACHARY

 I can't say much about this one without crying.  Any parent, any person with a heart needs to see this.

THE WOODMANS


 If you are a Francesca Woodman fan, you will adore this glimpse into her life, and the lives of her famous family.  She was an amazing photographer that took her own life, far too young.  This flick is a great way of exposing her influences, as well as her ground-breaking work.

SMALL TOWN GAY BAR

Of course the title is rather self-explanatory, but the mixture of beauty and sadness in this documentary is gut wrenching.

CRAZY LOVE
 
Just watch this.  I can't tell you anything about it because I will spoil everything.

DARK DAYS

Living in closed subway stations for years, these people built a community spanning decades, living in complete darkness and poverty.  The filmmaker goes to live with the residents, and the results are mind-blowing.

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF THESE?  THOUGHTS?  RECOMMENDATIONS?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.