MEET STEPHANIE FROM STEPHIE'S CORNER!


I want you all to meet one of my new friends, new favorite bloggers...and my crochet teacher: STEPHANIE!  She is so awesome in so many ways, and I am going to be working her CROCHET 101 tutorials and sharing my progress here on the blog.  She has been kind and hard working enough to put together some great tutorials, and has worked her butt off editing!

Since she is a relatively "new" blogger, I want to make sure she gets the love she deserves.  I have one crocheted collar/dickie left in my stash from Fierce and Flirty so, if you go visit her page and give her a hello today, tell her I sent you, you will be entered to win it!  WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER ON HER BLOG NEXT WEEK! 

MOST OF MY READERS ARE AVID CROCHETERS, BUT PLEASE FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME AND MAKE SURE I DON'T MAKE AN ASS OF MYSELF OR MAKE A THNEED ON ACCIDENT.  I HAVE MADE MANY A THNEED IN MY TIME.  

Please, meet Steph! 
I blog over at Stephie's Corner - stephiescorner.blogspot.com - where I share things I like, projects/goals I'm working on, and my love for crochet.

I've only recently (like within the last 2 years) started getting into reading blogs. At first, I would only look for and follow crochet and DIY blogs because I love to crochet (you just don't even know!) and I've always been into crafty type things. Reading those blogs led me to 'everyday' and 'fat positive' blogs and from there I've just felt a sort of connection with the blogging community.

A lot of those blogs inspired me to write for my own little space. At first I wasn't sure what the heck I would even write about or if anyone would even read it. I don't get out much and I only have a few close friends that I talk to. I almost feel as though the women whose blogs I read everyday are my friends so that makes me feel a little less loner-ish lol I can write about projects that I'm working on or what I'm going to do this weekend, and if someone wants to chat with me about it then that is awesome. Ultimately I blog so that I can look back and see what I've done (both personally and project wise), share some of my experiences and to make new friendships along the way.


I haven't been blogging very long, and I know I'm only supposed to pic 1, but these 2 posts are my favorite so far:
A little cheering up-
and
Awesomeness-


I'm a stay-at-home mom so my regular day is not very exciting at all...
4:45am - Wake up, make sure hubby is up for work, get hubby's cooler ready for his work day, give goodbye kisses before he leave, wait for his "I made it to work ok" text.
5:30am- Try to go back to sleep.
7:45-8:00am - Wake up again, make my son cereal, put in my contacts, and make my morning coffee.
9:00am - Go through phone notifications, emails, finishing touches on blog posts.
11:30am - Start lunch for me and munchkin.
12:00pm - EAT!
1:00pm - Get caught up on blog reading.
2:00-4:30pm - Crochet, read, play with my son.
4:30pm - Start dinner (depends on what I'm making).
Anywhere between 5:45 and 6:30pm - Waiting for hubby to get home from work, and then EAT!
7:00pm- Family tv/play time, maybe some more crochet and reading.
8:00pm - Put my son to bed.
8:00-10:30/11:00pm - Watch tv with the hubby, maybe eat some ice cream.
Anywhere between 10:30 and 11:00pm - Take out my contacts and go to bed.

(Told you, not very exciting at all!)

I don't really ever listen to the radio because I'm always at home. I haven't had a favorite band since high school (Rufio, The Used, and Taking back Sunday), but I pretty much listen to anything with a good beat and/or great lyrics.

I've really been into teals and purples lately (if you couldn't tell by my blog design), but I really like bright colors. They make me happy.

Favorite drink...
Alcoholic: Margarita (blended)
Non-Alcoholic: Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino with whipped cream and honey drizzled over the whipped cream (YUM!)

I have 1 child, a 4 year old boy. He drives me insane and some days I feel like I'm in a loony bin, but that aside, he is a good boy with a big heart and I love him so, so much. He makes my life worth living. I'd like to add another little one to the bunch, but if it doesn't happen, I will be perfectly fine with just my baby boy.

I also have a fur baby, but she lives with my mom because hubby has had bad experiences with cats when he was growing up so no cats for us :'(

SO MANY! But I'll say my top 5 are:
Okay, Allison (duh) - http://okayallison.blogspot.com/
I have a whole list of my favorites on my blog if you want to check that out too: http://stephiescorner.blogspot.com/p/blogs.html

Right now, I'm doing a crochet series called, "Crochet 101" on my blog. Every Tuesday and Wednesday I show how to do a new stitch/technique to learn the basics of crocheting. I've always wanted to have my own crochet tutorial series or posts if I ever started a blog (another reason I wanted to start blogging) and I know Allison wants to learn to crochet, so we got together and decided, "Hey, I show you how, you do, you share your experience, and we'll see how it goes" haha Okay, so maybe not in those EXACT words, but I'm always up for teaching someone how to crochet. If you're interested in learning, come on by! I have a special tab at the top of my blog labeled "Crochet 101" so just click there and it has all of the posts that have posted so far so you can get caught up. I hope you can join Allison and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.