The New Place: The Beginning

My front entryway, right now very welcoming if you are a crackhead.
This is our built-in "Murphy Bed" (the kind that comes out of the wall) which we will NOT be using for several different reasons: size, creepy factor, we could die in it, it's 60 years old...need I go on?  Sure looks cool though and so far, make an excellent purse and hat rack.
This is our X-Files style heater that probably contains either the dude who eats livers or the guy who eats people's hearts.  Needless to say, we're covering it.  Neither John nor I want ANYTHING to do with it.
From the windows, to the walls!
Captain Clean begins his OCD freakout on the kitchen sink.
It's much better now, I swear.  We have hot water...I think.

Care packages and housewarming gifts go right here, thanks!
I have a lot of cobweb work to do.  I ain't afraid of no ghost!
Our entire backyard is nothing but banana trees and salt air.  We are exactly ONE MILE from da beach...boi!
Eat your heart out fatshion bloggers, my closet is going to kick your closet's ass when I'm done decorating.  Oh yeah, that and mine could either hide a grow room or a human body as well---so beat that.
So here I sit, on my dusty hardwood floor, coming to you live from John's ancient computer, which I have propped up on a storage box and am using my left leg to hold the keyboard.  You guys should really see this shit.  

Honestly, I'm stoked.  The apartment is great, and it's more like a house for us, especially with the studio space in front for me.  I am so excited to create new things and write here.  I am giving myself a BIG blog re-design around my birthday time (ahem...next month), as well as painting, decorating and manifesting the place of my dreams.  

There are so many young people, all walking dogs, all riding bikes, all smiles... of which the latter is rare here in Southern California.  So far everyone has been very kind, and it seems like I will really be at home here, especially since I just got some fantastic news yesterday.

Not to go into too much detail, but I have been crossing my fingers ever since I decided to do this move.  I was thinking of a "lateral transfer" within my company, but one of my managers reminded me that we own a rather expensive steakhouse in the area, and why didn't I shoot for that?  Honestly, I thought I would NEVER get the job, and after my interview I was almost positive I wouldn't.

It's not that I did not interview well, it's just that damn self-esteem of mine and that awesome capacity that I have to sell myself short that came peeking through, post-interview.  I do not know why I was so freaked out.  Everyone kept assuring me things would be fine, but I kept seeing molehills and turned them all into mountains.

I have a ton of work to do on getting this place to where I want it to be, but I am excited by the completely blank slate and the awesome vintage decor.  I am going to finally invest in a beach cruiser with a basket, and tear these streets up, Yard Sale style.
 
Those that helped me, you know who you are.  Des, Brad, Mom, Dad and my John...you guys rule.  Even though he will NEVER read this I want you to know that I have one of the most supportive, kind, intelligent and most importantly, hilarious bosses in all the world.  If it hadn't been for "The Coyote", I would have never had the confidence to do this.  So, the next time you're out in a vacant parking lot and you see a coyote, offer him some sourdough bread.  Just do it, for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.