Meet Julie, from Yonder!


Hi y'all!  I'm Julie from the blog Yonder and I thought I'd stop in to say hi today!  Allison has been kind enough to let me show you all a little of what's been going on in my life lately.  A little background story: I'm getting married.  Yeah, that's probably the only fact you need to know before reading the rest of this post.  

The days leading up to my wedding have been a little less eventful than I thought they'd be.  Or maybe, I just thought they'd be filled with more worthwhile events than this.  Justin and I have been working hard getting stuff ready.  We've been cleaning the house, sprucing up the yard, buying groceries, making more lists than you can imagine and ending each night by passing out cold.  Sounds romantic, right?  Perhaps it's because I've watching way more than my fair share of rom-coms, but I just thought it would be a little different.  More Father of the Bride-ish (circa Steve Martin).  Ya know, putting together last minute details about where the flowers should go and when the swans would arrive.  Oh wait, but that's right...I'm not having swans at my wedding.   

Here's what I've been up to for the past week or so:
--I bought pink champagne.  I want to drink it with my bridesmaids as we're getting ready on Saturday
--It's blowing my mind that I will be a Mrs soon.  Like, seriously.
--The weather here in Missouri has been scorching lately, but we just got a break this week.  Coincidence?  I think not.
--We got two gifts for the wedding this week: a great card from our friend Mary and a pair of handknitted socks from my friend Emily.  I can't wait till winter when I can wear these! 
--We splurged this weekend and got indian food.  There is a great take away place near our house that we love.  I have been craving a mango lassi for awhile and finally got one.  I could seriously eat palak paneer every.  single.  day...what's your favorite indian dish? 

We have a few more days until the wedding and I'm sure things will start to get a little more interesting.  I'm hoping, though, that through it all I remain as stress free as possible.  That is my main goal!  I hope you all have a lovely day!  If you'd like to see more you can find me here, here or here.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.