Q and A

1. What's the first thing you do when you get up?
My three furry babies make sure I don't sleep in, they need to pee, STAT!  I am usually wearing an outfit that could be confused for a cheap Halloween costume, screaming at my dogs not to tangle me into a broken leg, all while attempting to be a "good citizen" and pick up "gifts" left by my dogs.  Most of said "gifts" smell like Chernobyl. 

2. What is the 3rd picture on your phone? Share it! 
This is from a party at Brittany's house.  This picture changes lives.
3. What TV show are you most excited about returning this Fall?

GIRLS (okay I know that's not coming until January, but I care about nothing else), OF COURSE American Horror Story, Mad Men, Grimm...

4. What is something really popular that you secretly (or not so secretly) loathe?

Breaking Bad.  I just don't get it, I'm sorry.  I feel like saying that means I am going to be killed.  I also loathe nail art, maxi dresses and wedge sneakers.

5. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! Bonus points for pictures.

YAY, THREE DOGS AND ONE CAT!

Chivo was my first resuce pup, found abandoned in a dumpster behind an AM/PM.  I think he is a chihuahua/poodle mix.  I saved him and his brother (whom I adopted out), and nursed him back to health.  He was literally at death's door.  He is absolutely THE BEST DOG EVER.  He is a healing spirit, and he can read me like a book.  We think he is about four years old.

Piddle is another rescue, saved when she was tossed from a moving vehicle, while zipped inside a duffel bag.  She is needless to say, skidish, and barks at EVERYTHING.  She is definitely a dachshund/chihuahua mix.  She is also four years old.  She doesn't like most people or most things.   However, her two favorites activities include sleeping and eating.  She is the only small dog I know who hates baths, but loves swimming in a pool.

Boxer was a "donation" from my friend Desi, who could not keep her, due to her sister's infant.  Boxer is my constant companion.  He never leaves my side, he bursts in on me in the bathroom, and cries like a baby when I leave for five minutes.

Katniss is my beautiful princess of destruction.  She found by a friend in a parking lot, as a kitten.  I attempted to "foster" her, but she is the most AMAZING animal I have ever met.  She will swat you and cuddle you, simultaneously.  She is smart as a whip, and she is a lover.  Her spirit and heart are amazing.


6. If you could put together one outfit that represents you perfectly, what would it be?

Cotton dress with a novelty print, vintage eyeglasses, flats, one of my silly brooches, and a purse big enough to hold all my yarn!  Bonus if I can have a rad bike with a basket!

7. What is your favorite adult beverage?

I am a beer girl, if you can't tell by my lovely belly.  I am absolutely devoted to Lost Coast's Tangerine Wheat.  Oh sweet lord.  However, I am also a sucker for a really good margarita.

8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

Three way tie between gLee, Billy Joel and Sister Wives.
9. What are 3 positive words to describe you?

intelligent, weird and sarcastic
10. What is your favorite Friday afternoon/evening activity?

I would love to be able to loom all afternoon while watching trash TV and shopping online.  Ideally, John would be either off work or home early, and we would get gussied up and hit the Art District to grub down.  Then we wrap our evening up with a few episodes of Fallon, and if John's lucky I'm not asleep by ten.  Poor guy.

11. A day in the life: What does you typical day look like?

Walking dogs, writing, working and waiting. 

12. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?

San Francisco, or as she's properly known, The City.

13. You've got a whole day to yourself...what will you do?

Attempt to sleep in, get my hairs and nails did, go vintage shopping on 4th and probably eat a lot of cheese pizza.  Then I would consume an Oreo shake for dinner.  Or two.  I would also try to squeeze in all the BBC America I could while John was away.  Although I have hooked him on Downton Abbey (YES!).

14. Dream job?

"Being a published writer. Working for a non-profit. Or working to rehabilitate abused dogs."  Okay, that was Catherine's answer.  Honestly, add Trent Reznor, Deap Vally or Jack White's personal assistant to the list and we are identical.  That's why I love her. 

15. Least favorite chore?

FLOORS. 

16. When do you most feel like a rock star?

When I am watching a television show and some obscure musician is in the backing band, and I say, "Isn't that the keyboardist from such and such band?"  And I am right.  One hundred percent of the time.  It doesn't matter the genre or time period either.  I pissed John off so much the other day, when I called out the former lead singer of The Muffs as being the new bassist for the Pixies. He literally screamed, "I hate you!" (after he Googled it, of course) and left the room.
17. What is something you are currently trying to improve within yourself?
 I know this sounds strange, but I want to care LESS.  I am constantly worried about EVERYTHING, and if I could just get that under control, I think that would be awesome.  I would also like to improve my photography skills, and really become a bad-ass at it.
I'd love to hear your answers, I feel like (as usual) mine have a lot to do with food and shopping.
 


4 comments:

  1. So glad you filled this out too! Love it and love you!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack I love this. Now I want to make one of those folded paper fortune tellers, too. Also, BILLY JOEL. I used to know every word - EVERY WORD - to We Didn't Start The Fire. I am unapologetic about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here

    Hollow wear Utensils

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments from anyone who isn't a CUNT.